NEW CLAIM? UNDERPAID? DENIED?
Types Of Claims
HURRICANE / STORM DAMAGE
Although many of us know how scary it is to experience first hand the power of a hurricane, the immediate aftermath of a hurricane or storm is what many policyholders dread having to face. Issues such as food spoilage and appliance malfunction from power outages, fallen trees, blown or lifting roof shingles or tiles causing roof damage, exposed roof sheathing, broken or leaking windows, and water intrusion are essential in addressing immediately. This is why contacting Cordo Claims Group as soon as it is safe to do so is the policyholder’s best bet. Cordo Claims Group will work with you throughout the entire claims process to ensure that all aspects and issues related to your hurricane claim are properly addressed. Cordo Claims Group will assist policyholders on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your insurance policy. We will work to make sure you recover every dollar to which you are entitled.
Before The Storm
- Take many photographs and video of your property or business, inside and out. This includes items or anything of value.
- Take photographs of your insurance policy and any important documents. In the unfortunate event that the worst happens, you will still retain images of those items on your phone or in the cloud.
- Place your insurance policy and any important documents in a sealed plastic waterproof bag for easy access after the storm.
- Ensure that your property has been secured with shutters if possible, but that there is an easy exit in the case you need to evacuate.
- Stay safe! Material items can be replaced. The security of your family is first.
After The Storm
- Take videos and photographs of anything damaged, including personal belongings and other items.
- Create an initial list of damaged property, both on the interior and exterior.
- Locate your property insurance policy that you put away for safekeeping.
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (for example: tarping roofs, removing water from interior spaces, removing fallen trees & other debris).
Contact Cordo Claims Group as soon as it is safe to do so. We will handle the rest.